Admissions Policy for the September IntakeOur standard admission number is 30 children. Where the school receives more applications than places available, the following admission criteria will be applied once places have first been allocated to pupils who have a statement of special educational needs or education health and care plan which names the school:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children and children who appear to the Admissions Authority of the school to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted.*
- Children for whom the Local Authority accepts that there are exceptional medical social or welfare reasons which are directly relevant to the school concerned.
- Children with older brothers and/or sisters** who will still be attending Farington Primary School when the younger child starts.
- The remaining places are allocated according to where children live. Those living nearest to the school (measured by a straight line) will have priority.
* Previously looked after children are children who were looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order). Applications for previously looked after children must be supported with appropriate evidence i.e. a copy of the adoption order, residence order or special guardianship order.
** Note: A child is regarded as having been in state care in a place outside of England if they were accommodated by a public authority, a religious organisation or any other provider of care whose sole purpose is the benefit society. Applications must be supported with appropriate evidence that the child has been adopted from state care.If you wish to apply for a place or require further information on the application process, please follow this link, or call us on 01772 42197
In Year Admissions & Admissions for Year Groups 1 to 6.
If you are new to the area and your child does not already have a school place, this does not apply.